01 March 2012

Serenity and Snow

Since around noon we have had light snow falling.  I drove to Gloucester and right when the snow started falling I was able to photograph this abandoned bicycle.  Very few people were on the street, so I took my time choosing an angle.

My problem is that I have a hard time deciding which I like better.  The color version or the B&W.



 After a while I drove around and saw this serene scene.  It looks black and white, but it is not -- I did not convert to B&W; I did not desaturate.  The cloudy sky removed all colors and left us with the familiar grey.    What looks like blur and dirt is the snow falling.  The sea was calm except for the wake of the fishing boats coming into the harbor.  Nothing was moving.

 


Comments are always welcome.

www.andreasthanos.com -- Commercial Photography
www.marbleheadphoto.com -- Portrait and Event Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment