19 October 2010

(Not so) Scary Bikers

Back in the late '70s and early '80s my friend Stratos and I used to ride a dirt-bike through the streets of Athens, Greece.  We were too cool for helmets, which led to the early passing of Stratos. Although I keep my motorcycle license current, I haven't done any serious riding in decades.

Fast forward to 2010.  Sunday October 17.  Like every other middle class suburbanite, I was in our backyard doing menial work, stacking firewood and cleaning the koi pond.  That is until I heard the roaring of motorcycles.  I grabbed my camera which was conveniently waiting for me on a chair in the backyard, and headed to the intersection near our house.  It was the 22nd Annual Halloween Ride from Everett, MA to Salem, MA.  I found out that proceeds from the ride support the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
There were hundreds of motorcycles with some riders in costume.  I took about 80 shots (shooting in raw was a poor decision on my part as the card got filled fast).

As you can see, some of the costumes were great.

Enjoy them (there are over 30 images).

(You can click on the images and see a larger version.  Hit the browser's back arrow and you will get back to this post.)










































www.andreasthanos.com -- Commercial Photography
www.marbleheadphoto.com -- Portrait and Event Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment