30 November 2009

Albert Camus said that...

"Abstract Art: A product of the untalented, sold by the unprincipled to the utterly bewildered. " And for the most part my photography is anything but abstract. Don't misunderstand me. I like abstract as much as anyone else, but I think that photography records something as it is. And if you look around you, most of the visual stimulants are anything but abstract. Also, there is not much opportunity for abstract work when you do commercial shooting or portrait work.

However, if something looks abstract and interesting to me, I will photograph it, fix it, and send it to galleries for consideration. This time, Swampscott, MA Gallery Gaga will be showing one such photograph of mine. It is a picture of the sand at low tide, shot on the North Shore. I will not post it here as you can always visit the gallery which is very conveniently located on Humphrey street. My image which is 8x12 and is framed on white/black matted black frame. It is for sale for $300.00. The show runs from December 2 through January 3 with an opening reception on Sunday 12/6 at 2 pm. Visit their site, or drop me an email for times and gallery info.

And of course you can always visit my websites for samples of my work, to buy images or to hire me.

-- Andreas

www.andreasthanos.com -- for commercial/stock photography
www.marbleheadphoto.com -- for portrait and event photography

No comments:

Post a Comment